Nina Simone on shaking up elegant people, on what makes a groove, and what freedom means to her. Starting around 2:05, she seems like she’s experiencing a serious epiphany. Or she’s a little high. Either way, it’s a beautiful moment.
Joseph P. O’Brien
- 9/11 30 Rock 1999 advertising Alison Brie americana American Beauty Barack Obama Billie Joe Armstrong Billy Joel Breaking Bad Captain Beefheart censorship Community Cormac McCarthy Dancin' Dames Danny Pudi David Lynch David O Russell dorothy parker Dreams Ernest Hemingway Evolution Fight Club FLAPPERHOUSE George Clooney George Lucas George Saunders God Green Day Haruki Murakami Herman Melville HP Lovecraft In Memoriam Ishmael Reed Jay Johnston Jeff Laughlin John Steinbeck Jorge Luis Borges Jude Law Kurt Vonnegut LOST Louis CK Mad Men Martin Scorsese memory Moby-Dick Mr Show Mythology Orson Welles Parks And Recreation Philip K Dick Philip Seymour Hoffman Politics Pulp Fiction Quentin Tarantino Ramones Rene Magritte Robert Anton Wilson Roger Ebert Salvador Dali Schizopolis short fiction Spike Jonze Stanley Kubrick Stephen King Steven Soderbergh The Matrix Thomas Pynchon Three Kings Time Truth Vincent Van Gogh Walking Dead Werner Herzog
- Please pardon my name-dropping, but I just have to say how delightful it is to speak with Wendy the Snapple Lady. 2 days ago
- RT @FLAPPERHOUSE: Please read Sam Farahmand of @drDOCTORdrDR's A+ review of @milajaroniec's PLASTIC VODKA BOTTLE SLEEPOVER up at PANK: http… 2 days ago
- So honored & delighted to have my very own original portrait drawn by the multi-talented @stuwatson https://t.co/gxmTKV9OeO 3 days ago
- RT @FLAPPERHOUSE: FLAPPERHOUSE Reading #14 / Issue 13 Flight Party flapperhouse.com/2017/03/19/fla… https://t.co/r6ZuqcNlKp 5 days ago
- RT @FLAPPERHOUSE: It's out there... flapperhouse.com/zine/13-spring… https://t.co/dwCAJJBEED 5 days ago